Friday, July 29, 2011

Too busy to do Weaver right

The release of Leonard Weaver, the epitome of professionalism, did not go well.

And that's the least the Eagles could have done for the man who had done so much for them.

Weaver says he first found out from a member of the media, not the organization that he had failed the physical and would be let go.

You would think that maybe Andy Reid could make time to call Weaver. Or to even say something in a statement. Reid took a chunk of time saying good stuff about quarterback Kevin Kolb, who was traded.

Here's how it feels to be snubbed  from the perspective of a professional athlete via @leonardweaver:

"The kicker behind that is that the organization didn't call me and tell me. I had to find out by a reporter.

"Now I have mixed feeling about that because I gave everything I had to the organization, and I would think that they would at least call.

"And Let me know what was going on, but as I have learned over the years fans, business is business."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home