Thursday, September 22, 2011

McCoy not apologizing for tweet

Making the 'O' for Osi?
LeSean McCoy could have found some better words.

But he's a running back, not an English major. While he didn’t intend to insult Osi Umenyiora or his Giants teammates when he tweeted the veteran pass rusher was "overrated and soft," and the third best defensive lineman on his team, well, maybe it is tough for a running back to convey what he meant in words.

McCoy said he was trying to give props to teammates of Umenyiora, whom he says are good.

 “I didn’t want it to blow up like that," McCoy said. "I guess it was something to talk about in the offseason. I’m not saying I’m apologizing. I’m just saying I wish I would have said it differently. Because they’re a good team and he’s a good player. I didn’t mean it like that.”

With 12 1-2 sacks in his last 10 games against the Eagles, Umenyiora obviously was offended. He said the Giants call McCoy “Lady Gaga” and that the back yapped like a Chihuahua.

"I don’t think I play like Lady Gaga,” McCoy said. “I actually have some pretty good stats. I don’t know where Lady Gaga came from.

“Maybe I’m attractive like a Chihuahua. I don’t know. I think they’re just doing it for fun. In this league a lot of guys battle each other but I think in the long run it’s like a union. There’s a lot of respect for both parties. I respect Osi. You look at his stats in his career, he’s a great player. A good player.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home