Monday, September 3, 2012

Players, system factors in Tapp paycut

Comfort level the basis for taking a pay cut.
There was a little more meaning for Darryl Tapp when he was asked prior to the cutdown to 53 if there was anything else he could have done to make the Eagles.

There was. Tapp accepted a salary reduction.

Why?



“It’s a great place," Tapp said of the Eagles and Philadelphia before quickly adding "besides you guys."

You guys is another name for the media. In a nutshell Tapp had a comfort level in Philly. On the field he felt he had a better shot sticking with the Eagles then playing elsewhere in a system he'd have to learn on the fly. Off the field he didn't want to uproot.

"I’m very happy to be here in the system I’m in and I’m looking forward to big things this year," Tapp said. "However it had to happen that’s what I wanted to do. I wanted to be here. And I’m happy to be here." 

Follow me at Twitter.com/BobGrotz

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home