Friday, November 30, 2012

Vick releases concussion statement

Not ready for the golf links.
Michael Vick made  no mention of reports suggesting the Eagles were playing "politics" with his concussion recovery to keep him off the field.

At least not in the statement Vick released through the Eagles Friday afternoon following angry retorts by head coach Andy Reid and trainer Rick Burkholder in addressing the "politics" thing.
 
“I want to thank my fans for the thousands of well wishes," the statement read. "I also appreciate the support of the entire Eagles organization. I feel strong and healthy.  As a professional athlete I want to play in every game but the NFL has a specific protocol to protect players. My focus is to complete this process successfully so I can rejoin my team on the field.”

Vick hasn't practiced or played since he was hurt three weeks ago in a 38-23 loss to the Cowboys at the Linc.

Vick didn't practice Friday and is listed "out" for this Sunday's game with the Cowboys.

Also out are running backs LeSean McCoy (concussion) and Chris Polk.

Center Dallas Clark (ankle) practiced fully Friday for the first time this week and is questionable for the Cowboys along with defensive tackle Fletcher Cox  (tailbone, funeral). Cox will join the Eagles in Dallas.


Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home