Sunday, September 20, 2015

McCoy: "I never called Chip a racist"

In an interview aired Sunday on ESPN, LeSean McCoy denied he called Eagles head coach Chip Kelly a racist for trading him and some other black players.
McCoy in better times ...

Sort of.

To backtrack McCoy implied race was a factor after he was shipped to the Buffalo Bills for linebacker Kiko Alonso.

McCoy told ESPN The Magazine there was a reason Kelly "got rid of all the black players - the good ones - like that."

McCoy tried to back away from those strong comments Sunday in an interview with Hannah Storm.


“Well that’s how I felt," McCoy said. "And everybody was so quick to say I called him a racist. I never called him a racist. And I have no issue with Chip. I have no hatred towards him."

Kelly said he reached out to McCoy on multiple occasions to discuss the matter but was rebuffed.

McCoy wasn't real clear when asked again by Storm if race was a factor in the trade.
 
"Uh, I wouldn’t say that," McCoy said. "I think that I wasn’t the player (Kelly) wanted. So no matter if I was black or whatever it is, at the end of the day I’m going to have my own thoughts about it and other people can have their own thoughts. After that comment got all the angry thoughts out I was happy."

Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Frank Whinham said...

If you going to throw out the race card at least man up and admitted... Or I guess you were just being a butt hurt child

September 20, 2015 at 11:19 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He got rid of all the "ego" players who thought they were better than everyone else in the NFL despite the lack of hardware. Just because of the Eagles many of those were black doesn't mean he's racist.

September 20, 2015 at 11:42 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Shady

September 20, 2015 at 11:42 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home