Blogs > Eagles Blogger Room

Eagles beat writer for Delaware County Daily Times from Rich Kotite and Randall Cunningham through Chip Kelly and Sam Bradford (and Mark Sanchez). Co-host on Merrill Reese's Pro Football Report (WBCB 1490 AM).

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Vick still not comfortable with backup role

Michael Vick wasn't complaining. But it's fairly obvious he's not doing cartwheels over his role backing up Kevin Kolb.
A little history. Vick was the first player selected in the 2001 draft. Kolb was a second-round pick in the 2007 draft.
"It’s different running with the two’s," Vick said Sunday after minicamp ended. "I never had to do that before. Even when I got here last year I was running with the three’s but that was expected. Now I’m running with the two’s and it’s full-time and this is my permanent job. So it’s a different feel but at the same time what I say to myself is just try to get better as a quarterback."
For Vick, the silver lining in being the backup is it keeps him in shape.
"It helps me in so many ways because I don’t get the protection that I get from the one’s," Vick said. "I have to move a little bit."
Speaking of moving around, Vick is here now, not forever. With only a cursory grasp of the offense, it's hard to imagine him operating it as the starter. Vick also has an injury history. He missed a couple of games last year after being hit in limited use in the Wildcat formation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard working'll pay some dividens, including Vick case. Particulary, when Kolb not in the game for several reasons. Time'll tell. Go Birds.

May 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home