Sunday, May 2, 2010

Vick still not comfortable with backup role

Michael Vick wasn't complaining. But it's fairly obvious he's not doing cartwheels over his role backing up Kevin Kolb.
A little history. Vick was the first player selected in the 2001 draft. Kolb was a second-round pick in the 2007 draft.
"It’s different running with the two’s," Vick said Sunday after minicamp ended. "I never had to do that before. Even when I got here last year I was running with the three’s but that was expected. Now I’m running with the two’s and it’s full-time and this is my permanent job. So it’s a different feel but at the same time what I say to myself is just try to get better as a quarterback."
For Vick, the silver lining in being the backup is it keeps him in shape.
"It helps me in so many ways because I don’t get the protection that I get from the one’s," Vick said. "I have to move a little bit."
Speaking of moving around, Vick is here now, not forever. With only a cursory grasp of the offense, it's hard to imagine him operating it as the starter. Vick also has an injury history. He missed a couple of games last year after being hit in limited use in the Wildcat formation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard working'll pay some dividens, including Vick case. Particulary, when Kolb not in the game for several reasons. Time'll tell. Go Birds.

May 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home