Monday, August 2, 2010

Lap-band surgery and football

Max Jean-Gilles didn’t think the lap-band procedure he got partly to resurrect his football career was such a great idea Sunday.

In the middle of Eagles practice the 350-pound guard said he couldn’t cool off basically because his stomach was too small to accommodate the fluids he tried to fill it with. It was kind of like using a mini air conditioner to cool the entire downstairs.

The next thing Jean-Gillies knew he was being carted off the field. Luckily for him the locker room and stream after stream of Gatorade is as far as it went.
Jean-Gillies was here a couple of training camps ago when defensive end Chris Clemons was ambulanced to the hospital with heat stroke.

“I was sweating real bad and I couldn’t hold anything in,” Jean-Gillies said after practice Monday morning. “I kept throwing up and I just started locking up a little bit. I can’t really pump in liquids like I want to because my stomach is a little shrunk. So when I drink a little quicker it comes back up. So I have to learn how to deal with that.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous lap band said...

I can’t really pump in liquids like I want to because my stomach is a little shrunk.

August 12, 2010 at 5:31 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home