Sunday, November 20, 2011

If DJax gets his way, he wants to stay

The rest of DeSean Jackson's interview with Michael Irvin aired on the NFL Network.

Let's just say there was a lot of empty talk.

No problem with Jackson believing he has elite skills although he hasn't shown it lately.

“I think right in that range; maybe top five in the NFL," Jackson said. "As far as my playmaking skills and ability, punt returns, dynamic duo of being able to get the ball and score at any point on the field. (Larry) Fitzgerald, he’s a great receiver don’t get me wrong but he doesn’t play special teams so I think that’s the extra edge to it.”

The Eagles obviously believe Jackson is on a differrnt pay tier our they would have struck a deal. DJax lamented he's hurt the Eagles left him out of their spending spree. The Birds invested $225 million and counting on free agents and extending Mike Vick.

Despite feeling underpaid, undervalued and unappreciated Jackson, scratched last week for blowing off a special teams meeting, says Philly is where he wants to be. Moving on?

“Not right now. I can’t see it," Jackson said. "I’m just keeping hope that the man above has a spot for me here in Philadelphia. If I could paint the picture and have everything the way I want it to be, I would say I would stay here.”


Follow Bob Grotz on Twitter.
 





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home