Monday, November 14, 2011

Vick: 'Maybe it was selfish to stay out there'

Ribs are third injury in 2011
Michael Vick cracked the two lower ribs on his throwing side on the second play of what would be a 21-17  loss to the Cardinals Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.

It looks a lot like Vince Young or Mike Kafka will start Sunday against the Giants at Met-Life Stadium.


"I'm just going to take it one day at a time and see what happens," Vick said. "I just kept going. The adrenaline kicked in. I tried to block it out, keep playing. What are you going to do?  I just thought I could be a difference-maker."

Vick wasn't wearing his new Kevlar jacket, having switched to another more comfortable protection. He regrets it.

Vick also has second thoughts about keeping himself in his worst game with the Eagles. He completed just 16 of 34 attempts for 128 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions.

"Maybe it was selfish to stay out there but it wasn't affecting me," Vick said. "It was the collection of hits that started to take a toll on me. I've just got to start to realize that I can't do it all."

Vick said he didn't notify the Eagles about the injury until after the game.
"I just gutted it out," he said. "I've been through worse. I just feel like I had to keep going."

Follow Bob Grotz  on Twitter.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oH PLEASE, Vick selfish? who would have guessed?The crap about the "cracked ribs" is just that. The "man" has to leave the field, if dust blows in his eye! Let's see, a man who only thinks about his "glory", not the team, is sidelined for a uhmmmmmmm injury of cracked ribs(very painful to alot braver guys.) Remember the "broken hand", and "concussion?" Amazing how these pseudo injuries happen, when he can't complete a pass. They heal just like a miracle afterwards. He is scared of the giants defense and would rather play the "i am the injured victim", and sit on the sidelines, than show how inept as a teamplaying qb he is. Last year the teams let him slide(first season backpost slammer.) This year, not so much. Welcome to the real vick. LoSer on and off the field!

November 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home