Monday, August 13, 2012

Bell on demotion: 'I guess I could have done better in those six plays'

Needs more than six plays to win job.
After consecutive three-and-outs Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg couldn't wait to get the first-team offense off the field during the preseason opener.

Mornhinweg was "disappointed" with the lack of precision in the offense. Even singled-out Mike Vick for taking a sack he shouldn't have despite ample protection.


But left offensive tackle Demetress Bell was the guy who paid for the poor execution. The Eagles gave veteran King Dunlap the left tackle job that belonged to Bell, the guy offensive line coach Howard Mudd felt might be a better fit on that side than injured Pro Bowler Jason Peters.

"I can't say I'm disappointed," Bell said. "It's not what I expected. But it's a coaching change. So it is what it is.

"We only had six plays. I guess I could have done better in those six plays."

Bell understands the Eagles are "looking for more consistency.

"It's definitely motivation," he said. "I'm looking to be a starter. Until I get back there I won't be happy."

Every player learns differently. Bell feels he's best learning on-the-job.

Follow me at Twitter.com/BobGrotz

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home