Monday, August 13, 2012

Eagles Asomugha sustains split lip, sore neck

Nothing serious for Asomugha.
Nate Allen was gasping for air and checking to be sure "everything was in one piece" after a violent but accidental collision at the Monday afternoon practice at Lehigh University.

And you should have seen the other guy.

Nnamdi Asomugha was carted off with a bloody lip and sore neck. No one would be surprised if he also had a mild concussion considering the dazed look he wore. Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said Asomugha did not have concussion csymptoms.

The defensive backs blew each other up trying to intercept a Michael Vick pass. Allen remembers taking a helmet to the sternum and accidentally drilling Asomugha in the face with a hand.

"It was just one of those plays," Allen said. "It happens sometimes. It knocked the wind out of me and I laid there for a little bit and kind of felt around to make sure everything was in one piece. I was good to go after I got my air back."

Vick was concerned while the trainers and a team doctor checked out the guys.
"I was just praying he was OK," Vick said. "Those guys go for the ball and they mean well and they want to do the right thing. It's football. Sometimes you have collisions like that. But I'm pretty sure they'll be OK."

Follow me at Twitter.com/BobGrotz

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home