Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Patterson could practice in a few weeks


Thinking about Falcons.
If defensive tackle Mike Patterson gets medical clearance, he can come off the reserve-nonfootball injury list after the Eagles host the Lions.

Of course the Eagles' bye is the following week. The realistic timetable would be Week Eight against the Atlanta Falcons.

The doctors need to take more pictures of Patterson's skull to be certain it has healed sufficiently after extensive brain surgery to remedy an AVM. That could happen this week.

"I’m better every day," Patterson said. "Especially when those boys go out there on Sunday. I'll be like ah, I want to be out there so much. But I’ve got to let it take its course. I’m just going to be patient. Keep working out. Keep my weight in control. There’s nothing that’s going to help you get in football shape of course but I just feel like the team is behind me on this, I have good doctors that worked on me. And I feel real comfortable with the decision and everything that is going on."

When Patterson is cleared to practice the Eagles have a three-week window to activate him or put him on injured reserve for the rest of the season.

Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home