Friday, May 11, 2012

Eagles first-rounder Cox wants deal done

Hopeful of deal in a few days.
With rookie first-round picks around him signing contracts, Eagles first-round pick Fletcher Cox is hopeful he will soon join them.

Cox hinted that his deal could happen before the team's three-day rookie camp ends Monday.

"We haven’t talked about it yet but I’m hoping here in a couple of days or whenever it happens," Cox said. "The time has to come. It’s got to be done."

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) has reduced the size of rookie contracts, and with it the threat of holdouts.

Several rookies have agreed to terms including four of the Eagles' nine draft picks, the group topped by second-round picks Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry.

For rookies like Cox, the limits on pay in the new CBA aren't much of an issue. Whatever he gets, it beats life as a collegiate football player.

"I don’t get caught up in that money stuff," Cox said. "I’m just going to be me. I love the game of football. And that’s what I’m going to do."

Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home