Saturday, December 29, 2012

Eagles Reid wants to get paid, not settle

Fire me.
Eagles head coach Andy Reid drew another line in the sand Friday when he said he wanted to coach next year.

Big Red stated the obvious. Click here for the news.

Reid realizes that after this Sunday he's no longer going to coach the Eagles. Or work in the front office. I'll explore that in the Sunday Times.

What Reid basically said in asserting he wanted to keep coaching is the Eagles still are going to have to fire him because there's no way he's going to leave close to $7 million on the table. You should have known it almost two months ago when the Eagles were slumping and Reid was asked, by myself, if there was any way he'd step down this season.

"I'm standing in front of the team and telling them that these are the things we need to do, one of which is to continue to battle," Reid said. "So I think that would be a cop-out. That's now how I see things. That's not the way I'm wired. We're going to keep battling and do it as a team. I'm not going to tell the guys one things and do the other."

Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home