Monday, July 22, 2013

Foles: "I'm not here to be a backup"

Nick Foles respects the legend that is Michael Vick. But clearly he's not going to bow in the competition for the starting quarterback job that resumes Tuesday.
Shortest haircut since middle school.

In so many words Monday, Foles told Vick and the other quarterbacks to bring it on.

"I have all the confidence in the world in my ability," Foles said. "I still respect the players around me and I know what they're capable of doing. But at the end of the day I'm not here to be a backup. I'm here to be the guy. I don't think we play this game to sit on the bench. We play it to play. And I’m here to play."

Foles in June at Rugby 7's in PPL Park.
Vick declined comment until Tuesday. No way to gauge how he feels about Foles' new short haircut that makes him look like rookie Matt Barkley, the longshot in the quarterback competition.


Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home