Thursday, May 29, 2014

Graham: "I want to end my career here"

Eagles pass rusher Brandon Graham heard the trade rumors sending him and a draft pick to the Dolphins for Dion Jordan, who rushed the quarterback for Chip Kelly at Oregon.



Graham indicated the Eagles' selection of pass rusher Marcus Smith in the first round of the draft "definitely put another chip" on his shoulder and  he's ready to prove he belongs.

"I came in at the right weight," Graham said. "I'm feeling good at 265. I'm controlling what I can. Whatever the rumors was I really didn't pay attention to it because I've got a role to play and that's to play my part and try to win games for this year. There's no pressure no more. I'm good. I know what I can do. And I can't wait to just go out there and show it because I really want to be here. I really love Philadelphia. I made it my home. I want to end my career here if I can."

All of that said Graham realizes the Eagles aren't going to be able to keep all of the rush linebackers in camp.

"Chip (Kelly) is a great coach. Coach (Billy) Davis is definitely a great coach, too," Graham said. "I feel like I definitely would want to give them everything I can so they know I should be safe on this team. But if not, hey man, somebody is going to get something good. But I know I really want to be here."

Follow @bobgrotz on Twitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home