Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Jackson thinks about getting even with the Eagles "Every time I step on the field"

In the unlikely event anyone has forgotten, former Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson "definitely" vows to show Chip Kelly what a mistake he made getting rid of him.

Appearing on the NFL Network after a Redskins practice Tuesday, Jackson called his shocking late March release by the Eagles "humbling" and how he's using it as motivation for the first of two games against them this season.

"I think about that every time I step on the field," Jackson said. "Especially with the legacy I have in Philadelphia and the things I've done for the organization.

"That process I went through was definitely humbling. Week Three, that is highlighted., that is circled on the calendar ... I can't wait to get it on with whoever we play against but for sure that game you know I'm ready to turn it up."



Eagles are always on his mind.
Interesting;ly Jackson didn't mention Nick Foles, the quarterback who factored heavily in his career 2013 season with the Eagles, when talking about teammate Robert Griffin III. Jackson said Griffin is accountable much like Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick were while they were Eagles.

"I see a lot of characteristics in him that I saw in the Michael Vicks and the McNabbs," Jackson said. "To be accountable at a young age ... Holding everybody accountable at the same time."

Follow @bobgrotz on Twitter

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home