Thursday, July 31, 2014

Johnson grateful for second chance

Keelan Johnson joined the Eagles at training camp Thursday.

The 5-11, 209-pound safety was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct two weekends ago in Tempe, Ariz. Aggravated assault and resisting arrest are felonies.


The Eagles excused Johnson from the early portion of training camp to tend to those legal matters and in the words of the player, "not be a distraction."

Grateful for a second chance.

Johnson declined to discuss the legal stuff or how it would play out but was grateful Chip Kelly gave him another chance.

"I need to come out here and give him everything I've got because he could have easily got rid of me," Johnson said. "To be in that situation I was in, it was a situation I wish I could have avoided."

The undrafted free agent out of Arizona State who played in two games for the Eagles last season.



Follow @BobGrotz on Twitter

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home