Wednesday, April 15, 2009

McNabb: RIP, Harry


Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb weighed in on the late Harry Kalas, the long-time voice of the Phillies who passed away earlier this week at age 73.

Said McNabb on his yardbarker.com blog:

"It's a sad day in Philadelphia. The Voice of the Phillies, Harry Kalas, has passed away. Like many others, I am saddened and have my own personal experience to share.

"In one of my first few years in Philadelphia I was fortunate enough to meet Harry at an awards ceremony - I think it was the Wanamaker Awards. While I didn't know him at the time as the Voice of the Phillies, I was in awe of his regal voice from NFL and MLB highlight shows. At that awards event I listened to people talk about Harry in such endearing terms, that he touched so many lives. It was easy for me to see what so many others had already known. From that point forward, listening to his voice had taken on new meaning for me.

"RIP, Harry."

Right, Harry Kalas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home